How to Increase Traffic to Your Website !
Whether you want to have many readers for your blog or increase your earnings from advertising placements on your website, traffic is the lifeblood of the Internet. If many people come to your website, you can improve your reputation or earn more than your usual monthly rates. Here are some ways to improve and help increase traffic to your website.
Almost every webmaster and blogger uses tools like SiteMeter, Google Analytics, and Technorati to help him or her determine how much traffic the website gets in a day. While the numbers and statistics presented to you by these utilities are helpful, they can only give you a birds-eye view of what’s going on. If you have these tools installed on your website, it’s important for you to know what these numbers actually mean.
Say you have a thousand hits a day, but that doesn’t mean that you actually have a thousand hits a day. Many of these hits may be traffic that come from bots or crawlers, page views, and some of them may actually come from visitors. Remember that numbers used by tracking and reference tools are projections of site activity:
- Page views are numbers that indicate how many times your page was seen. Page views do not automatically mean that the content on your site was read or viewed by actual people. Tools like SEO may influence the number of page or page views you have.
- Time spent on site is perhaps the best gauge you have of how well-created your content is. When tracking traffic, it’s best to eliminate the data of visitors who did not spend actual time on your website (for example, a hit with 0:00 time spent).
- Location can get a bit tricky, especially since many people may access sites through remote servers or proxies. If you’re not concerned too much about where your visitors come from, it’s best to take traffic location at face value.
SEO and Site Marketing:Search engine optimization (SEO) and site marketing are useful tools for promoting your site. While SEO and marketing are not the be-all-end-all of increasing website, they are particularly useful if you generate income from your website. You can learn SEO and site marketing from manuals and company seminars. If you use SEO tools, here are two important things to remember:
- Stick with white hat SEO : Some SEO practicioners may rely on link-dropping, or worse, embed a hidden set bunch of keywords at a certain part of a page. Keep the SEO strategy as ethical and as compliant as possible.
- Use tools to facilitate content : Like any tool, SEO and site marketing should assist you to accomplish a task or a goal for your site; your site should not depend or rely too much on SEO or marketing. Remember that sites still need to depend on good content or quality products and services you sell or advertise.
Good Content:The best way to increase traffic to your site is to develop good content that attracts prospective visitors, achieve hits, and establish your online presence. Believe it or not, much of your hits and visitors will still come from word of mouth. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Design: If your site is easy to navigate, attractive, and compliant with other browsers and older technology, you’ll attract more customers. Pay attention to the visual and stylistic cues you use on your site.
- Content: Good content will always attract traffic, and excellent content will establish your reputation on the Web. Generate as much unique, insightful, and well-written content as you can. That way, you can attract new visitors, as well as develop your own community on the Internet.